Frequently asked questions
- Who is PrepGenie?
- What is GAMSAT?
- Why PrepGenie?
- What’s different about PrepGenie?
- What do I need to access materials offered by PrepGenie?
- How deep do I dig into my pocket to buy PrepGenie materials?
- Will I be able to try PrepGenie before paying for it?
- What support will you give me?
- How do I provide feedback to PrepGenie?
- How many times can I sit GAMSAT?
- What are the eligibility criteria for GAMSAT?
- What is the registration procedure for GAMSAT?
- What is the best way to study/prepare for GAMSAT?
- Can you suggest a step-by-step plan to succeed in GAMSAT?
- I am working/studying full time. How can I best prepare for GAMSAT?
- I am not from a science background. How should I prepare?
- How do I prepare for the MCQs?
- How can I be sure that your questions and solutions are quality and pertinent?
- I do not have a PayPal account. How do I pay?
- What is ‘Ask an Expert®’ option?
- What is Free essay correction service?
PrepGenie are a dedicated and energetic team of young professionals from diverse academic backgrounds– engineering, medicine, humanities, science and psychology, with the common goal of revolutionalising the way GAMSAT students go about preparing for the test.
PrepGenie aims to provide students from all fields with the best possible preparation tools needed to ace various international competitive examinations in an easy-to-use and convenient online format.
Don’t waste hours in the library chasing books and past papers when preparing for your GAMSAT. Find everything you need for your preparation here at PrepGenie.
The Graduate Medical Schools Admissions Test (GAMSAT) is a selection test designed and marked by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) for entrance into universities in Australia, UK and Ireland offering graduate-entry medical study programs. A GAMSAT candidate can be from any discipline, and must have completed a Bachelor’s degree, or be in the second last or final year of undergraduation at the time of taking the test.
You will have to sit GAMSAT Australia if you intend to apply for entry to one of the following graduate-entry medical/dental schools:
- Australian National University: Medicine
- Deakin University: Medicine
- Flinders University: Medicine
- Griffith University: Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry
- The University of Melbourne- Medicine
- Monash University: Medicine
- The University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle: Medicine
- The University of Notre Dame Australia, Sydney: Medicine
- The University of Queensland: Medicine
- The University of Sydney: Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy
- The University of Western Australia: Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatric Medicine
- The University of Wollongong: MedicineNote that your GAMSAT scores can be used to apply to the graduate-entry medicine program at the Oceania University of Medicine. But it’s not a member of the GAMSAT Consortium, and hence doesn’t use the Consortium’s results verification system.You will need to sit GAMSAT UK if you intend to apply for entry to one of the following 4-year graduate-entry medical/dental schools:
- University of Exeter Medical School: Medicine
- The University of Nottingham at Derby: Medicine
- Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry: Medicine, Dentistry
- St Georges University of London: Medicine
- Swansea University: Medicine
- University of Liverpool: Medicine
- Cardiff University: MedicineNote that the University of Exeter Medical School and the Plymouth Medical School offer 5-year courses. Keele University no longer runs the program for the 4-year Graduate-entry medicine.You need to sit for GAMSAT Ireland if you intend to apply for entry to one of the following graduate-entry medical/dental schools:
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland: Medicine
- University College Cork: Medicine
- University College Dublin: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine
- University of Limerick: MedicineNote that you can use your GAMSAT Australia scores to apply to the abovementioned British and Irish universities, and vice versa.
PrepGenie offers a comprehensive range of materials to help you score the best possible grade in your GAMSAT via our unique and cutting-edge online e-learning environment. PrepGenie’s GAMSAT preparation courses provide you with ALL the materials that you need to prepare for sitting your GAMSAT.Forget trawling through the library to find the right textbooks and swap physical study groups for online discussion boards with fellow PrepGenie GAMSAT students.If you would like to study for the GAMSAT using an easy-to-navigate e-learning package, you have come to the right place.PrepGenie created their nationally-recognised GAMSAT preparation materials after painstaking analysis and research of ACER Test Papers.
Our GAMSAT preparation materials are constantly updated to reflect the updates in ACER’s testing materials and we rely on your feedback to constantly refine our resources and processes.
Contact PrepGenie with any questions or queries you may have about why you should choose us to facilitate your GAMSAT preparation!
- We provide customised products.
- We are a constantly evolving organisation. So, students will always get updated and relevant content.
- Our round-the-clock customer support system is always available to help you with your queries. Feel free to discuss with us your doubts and get your queries answered about our products and the exam.
- We are always updating ourselves through extensive research and invaluable feedback from you! So, you can always let us know if you have a problem with our products. Rest assured, it will be addressed.
- As our student, you can use ‘Ask an Expert®’ option in the LMS about individual questions in our tests.
- Our Value Added Services are extensive and state-of-the-art.
- We have made it easier for students to study, by providing them with relevant text, diagrams, videos, further study links and a comprehensive range of exam preparation products to suit their study needs.
- We have gone all out to give an extensive, yet comprehensive range of study tools to suit students of varying levels and with different study predispositions. Our GAMSAT preparation tools are easy-to-use and simple to follow. You can study online at your own pace and in the comfort of your home, with all necessary materials provided.
- And last but not the least– our prices are 40% lower than our competitors!
Forget long hours in the library! All you need to prepare for your GAMSAT with PrepGenie is a PC with an internet connection.PrepGenie offers a full range of GAMSAT preparation materials, with educational games and quizzes, round-the-clock support and extra reference materials available upon request.There is plenty of free stuff in store for you too! Try our free quiz… solve them with your friends, check your scores and browse through the detailed commentaries on all the Q&As.
PrepGenie materials are not going to burn your pocket. Nobody can provide this much personal care for this price.
Definitely! You can try out our Free GAMSAT Resources before you choose to purchase our products
PrepGenie helps you out in every way possible with your GAMSAT preparation.
Our study aids are customised according to the requirement of every individual student. Our newsletters will help you improve your overall preparation.
Our ‘Ask an Expert®’ option in the LMS helps you get answers regarding doubts about individual questions in our papers.
The Knowledge base section in our website is an extensive repertoire of tips, tricks and facts about GAMSAT and the wide range of skills it assesses.
You can mail your queries to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you ASAP! You can also post on the Knowledgebase section on our website and keep on accessing updated information from time to time.
For starters, you can always mail us. We shall respond to you ASAP regarding any queries that you might have about our products and services.
The ‘Ask an Expert®’ option in our LMS is a unique feature. It helps our students to report any queries or opinions they might have regarding individual questions in our tests.
We at PrepGenie always welcome innovation and change. You can post on the Knowledgebase section of our website with your queries and opinions regarding the articles you see. Your feedback helps us improve!
There is no restriction on the number of times a bonafide candidate may sit the GAMSAT. You just have to have your undergraduate degree under your belt.
However, the GAMSAT score is valid for two consecutive years. This means that you can apply for admission to the graduate-entry schools up to two years after the date on which you sit the test. For example, results from GAMSAT 2013 will be valid for application to a graduate-entry medical, dental, pharmacy or optometry program commencing in 2014 and/or 2015 but not in 2016.
Note that you CANNOT mix test scores from two test years.
All applicants must have completed, or be in the second-last or final year of a Bachelor degree at the time of test-taking. No preference is given to graduates with particular Bachelor degrees.
Knowledge and aptitude in the physical and biological sciences is essential to succeed in GAMSAT, but no preference is given to any particular discipline. Candidates holding a bachelor degree from any discipline can sit the GAMSAT.
Age is not a bar for sitting the GAMSAT, just like the number of times you can take the test. However, if you completed your undergraduates more than 10 years previously, or of you lack the official documentation of your educational qualifications, you need to check with your preferred universities before registering for the test.
The GAMSAT registration process needs to be completed online via http://www.gamsat.acer.edu.au. Click on the Register for GAMSAT link. You will be asked to log into your ACER account or create one if you don’t have it. Follow the instructions from then onwards.
You can pay for the registration by your credit card.
Make sure that you retain the email id you use to register for GAMSAT till after the exam is over. The GAMSAT Office will conduct all communication with you via this address. Your admission ticket and GAMSAT results will arrive in this address.
In case you have to cancel your registration, check in the ACER info booklet about the cancellation, deferral and refund policies.
We suggest that you study methodically. Don’t try and cram at the last moment. It is recommended that GAMSAT students do at least 4 months preparation for the GAMSAT exam. Last minutes cramming techniques are not going to work for a test like the GAMSAT. Slow and steady wins the race!
There is no hard and fast approach to preparing for a competitive test like GAMSAT. The amount of effort and the allocation of resources vary from person to person and are based on individual profiles. However, almost all successful preparation strategies have the following components:
- Building up the knowledgebase: It might be years since you studied Physics, Chemistry, and/or Biology. The first obvious step would be to spend about a month scanning through all the basics. GAMSAT does NOT merely test your knowledge, so spending too much time trying to pick up detailed understanding can be fatal to your preparation.
- Self evaluation: Once you have reclaimed your lost comfort level with all topics, work through the sample tests. Work through 5-6 GAMSAT-style papers, or 20 sectional papers. This will help you identify your weaknesses.
- Revisiting the basics: With this newfound knowledge, refer to the PrepGenie tutorials in these areas and re-read through your troubled areas to strengthen your basics.
- Fine-tuning your strategy: This is perhaps the most critical and also most neglected component. Let’s face it, GAMSAT is much more than just a collection of 185 questions – it is a daylong marathon of problem-solving under exam conditions. Fine-tuning your exam strategy will mean the difference between a good and a bad GAMSAT score.
- Let us consider section 3. Do you solve questions as you go, or do you pick up specific questions and solve only them? Or, in Section 1, would you prefer to solve the Reading Comprehension questions first or the Critical Reasoning ones? These are the strategies that will make or break your GAMSAT score, and hence you should spend about a month in identifying and improving your test-taking strategies before you sit the test. Ask PrepGenie for some information and materials on how to do this!
The first step to cracking GAMSAT is to believe that you CAN do it. Confidence and hard work is the key to success. If you are working/studying full time the best way to prepare for GAMSAT would be to start early, say almost a year before you actually plan to sit the GAMSAT.
Plan your practice according to your schedule. Remember that it is highly essential to strike a work-life balance; you need to maintain your academics/career while undertaking worthwhile preparation.
That way even if you put in 2 hours every day you will allow yourself plenty of time to prepare for the exam. Practice makes perfect!
GAMSAT as a whole tests your reasoning more than anything else. To crack GAMSAT you will need to be competent in all three sections of the exam.
ACER states that knowledge and aptitude in the physical and biological sciences is essential to succeed in GAMSAT. Conceptual understanding of the key topics in Physics, Chemistry and Biology is required to solve the GAMSAT paper. So, if you are not from a science background, you need to spend more time understanding Section 3 materials. Brush up your basics before you actually launch on mock papers.
But always keep in mind you can’t neglect any section if you are serious about GAMSAT. You need to be able to perform excellently overall to acquire that coveted seat in any of the top medical colleges you desire to study with.
Section I: MCQs from passages deal with a plethora of topics – anything from cartoons on climate crises to a journal extract. To answer MCQs correctly you need to read the passage, understand it well, analyse it and then form your assessment of what the author is trying to say. There is no fixed method to prepare for GAMSAT Section I. What can help is voracious reading and a good IQ.
Section III: Questions deal with the sciences: Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The questions are again in the multiple choice format and are passage based. Mugging up scientific theories and concepts is not the way to go as GAMSAT is looking for students who can keep pace with a constantly evolving scientific world. Of course, conceptual knowledge is highly essential, but you must know the proper application of the same.
ACER and previous students – these are the two sources that helped us to analyse and understand GAMSAT and create the comprehensive range of preparation materials. The team at PrepGenie spent thousands of hours understanding the underlying logic behind GAMSAT questioning and each one of our test papers is created and updated by a Subject Matter Expert. Our GAMSAT preparation materials then underwent 4 rounds of review including self-review, technical review, language-review, and a final, overall review. After the revisions were satisfactorily completed we deemed our papers ready for use!
Our tutors are GAMSAT-crackers. Our papers undergo constant updates and revisions to ensure that they are always top-notch and at par with GAMSAT standards.
You don’t need to have a PayPal account to buy GAMSAT preparation materials from PrepGenie. Your debit or credit card will work just fine! All major banks are enrolled with PayPal.
This option/button is there right beneath every question in the LMS (Learning Management System). When you don’t agree with an answer, feel the explanation is not quite lucid, think there’s something amiss with the question or simply need to know something about a concept, just click on the button, type your query/suggestion and submit. We will receive your comment immediately and get back to you, via email.
Free essay correction service is provided only with few products and it includes correction of essay/essays as per mentioned in the product description section. As the service is provided free or complimentary, we (PrepGenie) do not promise 100% service or feedback time against this service.